- Department: Diagnostic Radiology
- Schedule: PRN to cover any open shifts from morning to possible deep nights.
- Hospital: Ascension Providence
- Location: Waco, TX
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Take radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepare and position patients for imaging and select exposure factors accurately.
- Prepare and administer contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observe patient during procedure and report abnormal activity. Monitor protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevent patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensure equipment is properly functioning. Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Position patients and select anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of
- Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in General Practice credentialed from the Texas Medical
- Radiologic Technologist Certification Program obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- High School diploma equivalency with 2 years of cumulative experience OR Associate's
- degree/Technical degree OR 4 years of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Providence, based in Waco, Texas has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1905. When you join Ascension Providence, you will become part of a team that operates more than 30 primary and specialty care clinics, inpatient and outpatient behavioral health programs, and full-service hospital with advanced surgical care and 24/7 emergency care for life-threatening injuries and illnesses. Join us and create a career path you will love.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, view the EEO is the Law poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than ...